Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Molly

Molly was one of the first people to approach the Free Fashion Advice table. As you can see from her shopping bag, she had just stopped into Jupe Boutique. I didn't make her show me what she purchased because she had some great questions already for the fashion experts. 

Question Number 1: She admits to having champagne taste on a beer budget (make that PBR). Where or where is a fashionista to find fab things on such a budget? Of course, I had to plug my ladies at Jupe, it is one of the best places to find cute and trendy pieces are great prices. But, if labels are what you are in search of I recommended Molly check out some of our great consignment stores in Pittsburgh. I once bought an Alaia dress at Designer Days Boutique on Ellsworth Ave for $45! Yes, you ready that correctly, $45! Another great consignment stop is Ambiance Boutique, the Regent Square location is my favorite.

Question Number 2: How can you inject some steampunk style into your everyday wardrobe? This is a great question, I love steampunk style but usually do not incorporate any of it into my own outfits. I recommended Molly pick up a black leather vest and a cameo pin to get some Victorian Era edge and also some of the grundy-ness of steampunk. To pull it off best, try a high neck blouse, pin the cameo brooch at the neck, leather vest on top. Tone things down with dark skinny jeans, and finish with some interesting shoes such as lace up booties that will bring a little more Victoriana into the picture.

Molly's prescription:

2 comments:

  1. nice really awesome work i love every single word

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post...You look like so happy in the picture!!

    ReplyDelete