Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Red, White and Black

My next victim of the day came up to the table wondering what in the world I would have to say about her outfit. I really surprised her when I said I liked it. We got to chatting and I found out she had made the skirt herself and the headpiece was also handmade. The only comments I really had were about her choker and lack of nail polish. With such a stylized outfit I think the details are really important. She should have painted her nails (hands and feet, please) either bright candy apple red to match the ruffle on the skirt, or a very shiny black. With black and read polish it is important that it is neat and has a fresh topcoat to keep you looking polished (no pun intended, well maybe just a little).  The other issue I had was the choker. Usually I hate them, but with the bustier and Victorian edge to the outfit, I thought it worked. This is one of very, very few cases in which I would say that. So, please do not let me spot you wearing one tomorrow.
I didn't notice this yesterday, but in the photo the purse really does cut this outfit up. In person, I thought her bag was awesome, it was shaped like an electric guitar, hence the wide woven strap. In hindsight, I would recommend it get swapped out for a clutch.


Here is a close-up of the handmade hat - love the skull! It takes guts to wear an outfit like this and I think we need more people taking chances with their clothes in this city.



3 comments:

  1. nice pics and a great description about the styling of the girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m in love with this entire outfit!I just love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good description , i love your style... anyhow you are very good, hope you not going to spot me when i 'm wearing smth not inspired... :)

    ReplyDelete